Friday, December 26, 2014

Sausage Hash

Yummy!  I've discovered a new dish that is cheap, easy to make and very yummy!  Joe loves this new dish and asks for it all of the time.  After years of watching cooking shows and seeing "hash" I thought I would try for myself.  Here are the ingredients that I use in my hash:

1 package of beef smoked sausage, diced
3 slices of bacon, diced
1 onion, sliced
1 cob of corn
1 potato, diced
1 sweet potato, diced
1/2 butternut squash, diced
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil


Prepare by getting your skillet very hot.  Add your oil.  Cook the bacon until crisp and remove from the skillet.


Add the potatoes (white and sweet).  Cook until soft.  Add the onions.  I like to get the edges of the potato and onions a little brown and crisp!


When the potatoes and onions are to your liking, add the sausage, squash and corn.  Continue to cook over medium heat until everything is heated through.  Season with salt and pepper.

 In the picture I did not remove the kernels from the corn.  Since making this, I have decided that I like to add the kernels instead of having the corn as a side.  If you want to get really creative, add a poached or sunny side up egg on top of the hash.  The runny yolk adds an extra bit of creaminess to the crisp potatoes!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!