Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Surprise Recipe Swap




This is 2nd month participating in the Surprise Recipe Swap, hosted by Jutta from Hungry Little Girl.
This is a great way to check out other blogs and try some new recipes.

I was fortunate enough to get paired with Ashley from Cheese Curd In Paradise.  I loved looking at the recipes on her blog.  There are a variety of recipes to try.  Her Mexican recipes caught my eye, but I couldn't decide which one to make so I combined two of them!

I decided to make Chicken Enchiladas.  Here are the ingredients:

for enchilada sauce:
 
1 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl flour
1 can (28 oz) red enchilada  sauce
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 Tbl chopped cilantro

4 chicken breasts
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 green onions, sliced
1/2 small can of green chilis
1 bag of Mexican cheese
1 bag of flour or corn tortillas

To begin, I combined the spices and sprinkled them on the chicken.  I grilled the chicken, let it cool and cut it into small pieces.  I then combined the chilis, and green onions with the chicken.





While the chicken was cooking, I made the sauce.  First I took 1/2 cup of the chicken stock and combined that with the flour.  In a sauce pan, I combined all other ingredients, heating them to the boiling point.  When the ingredients are hot, add the chicken stock with the flour.  This will thicken the sauce.

Now you are ready to make the enchiladas.  Take a flour or corn tortilla, put some of the chicken mixture, along with some cheese.  Roll it up and put it seam side down in an oven proof pan.




Add the enchilada sauce on top.  Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.




Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Sprinkle chopped cilantro on top.




 They were really good!  Check out Ashley's blog!  It is one of my favorites!

HungryLittleGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!