Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cookie Cake


Pin It

Jonah has always loved cookie cake.  It has become a tradition that for his birthday he wants a cookie cake, as opposed to a regular birthday cake.  This year, I decided to make it for him!

Here are the ingredients:

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
2 cups M and M's

Cream together the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each egg.  Add the vanilla, baking soda, and salt.   Slowly add in the flour, mixing well.  Remove from the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips and M and M's.

Press into a tart pan or other oven proof pan.  You can decide how thick you want it but remember, the thickness will depend on the cooking time.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.  If your cookie cake is thinner, it will take less cooking time.
At this point in the blog, you will notice that I will NEVER become a cake decorator.  I needed some help so Maria gave me a hand.

We put some frosting in a Pampered Chef decorating set.
And then I decided to try and write a sweet message to Jonah...........
I'll stick with the cooking part, and avoid the decorating part..............yes, go ahead and make fun of me................
Maria had to squeeze some straight into her mouth
(after we were finished of course)
Happy Birthday Jonah!









4 comments:

  1. How fun!!! And I'm a much bigger fan of cookies than cake so looks like a winner to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to Sunday Social at Call Me PMc ~Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great cake!
    Never had such a cake and I'm definitely going to try.
    Saving the recipe.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing. I'm not a fan of normal cake so my family normally gets a cookie cake instead. Stopping by from the link up!
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!