Friday, August 3, 2012

Smoked Salmon

Pin It
At the beginning of the summer I bought a smoker.  I've experimented with it and smoked all kinds of meats:  ribs, chicken (my favorite), and pork.  The only thing I haven't tried is fish. 

I love salmon and I thought what would be better than smoking a salmon!

The first thing I did was prepare the smoker.  In the bottom of the smoker I started a charcoal fire.


The next step is to add a layer of flavor.  My smoker has a bowl to put water in.  To this bowl I added garlic, onion, ginger, lemon, and some fresh parsley.


Next, I seasoned the salmon with some spices.  I had a bottle of Boston seafood seasoning.  I sprinkled that on the fish.  I put the salmon on a cedar plank.


The next step is to close the lid and add some wet fruit wood on top of the charcoal fire.  I used cherry wood.

The salmon smoked for 4 hours.  When it was finished I served it on top of pearl couscous.


If you don't have a smoker, get one!  It is such an awesome addition to your kitchen repertoire.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!