Monday, December 3, 2012

Shortbread Cookies

Pin It
My absolute, favorite cookie in the world is a shortbread cookie!  The sweet, buttery taste makes me, well, we won't go into that!  Let's just say that I am in love.

I have cooked several shortbread recipes and this is my favorite.  Here are the ingredients:

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
2 teaspoons vanilla

With your mixer, cream together butter and sugar.  Add the vanilla and cardamom.  Slowly add the flour.

Remove the dough and place it in a Ziploc bag.  Refrigerate for at least one hour.  When you are ready to bake, remove the dough from the refrigerator.  As the dough comes closer to room temperature, it will be easier to roll out.



Make sure that you have a floured surface and keep flour on your rolling pin.  Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thickness.  Use a cookie cutter to cut out your cookie.


Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.  This batch makes 12 large cookies or 18 smaller cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!