Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chicken Picatta

Pin It

Tonight I had dinner with my Uncle Vince and cousins Ginny and Joe.  Since I lost my father, I have had a huge hole in my heart.  Tonight, Uncle Vince filled that hole a little bit.  He has the same sense of humor as my father and looks like him.  In a way, having dinner with him was like having my dad back, even for a little bit..................

Uncle Vince is almost 90!  He still drinks wine at every meal.  A true Italian!

Tonight, I made Chicken Picatta.  I love this dish!  Here are the ingredients:

Chicken breast
Butter
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds mushrooms
2/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup flour
Salt
Pepper
Capers
Parsley
To begin, take your chicken breast and put it in a Ziploc bag.  Pound the chicken thin.  Take the cup of flour and add a little salt and pepper.

In a large saute pan, heat up 1/2 stick of butter.  Dredge the chicken in the flour and brown on each side.  Keep warm while you make the sauce.

In another saute pan, add 1/4 stick butter, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic.  Add the mushrooms and saute 5 minutes or so.


 Take some lemons and squeeze out 2/3 cup lemon juice.


When the mushrooms are done, add the lemon juice, capers and parsley.  Cook another 5 minutes.  Pour over the chicken and serve.  YUM!


I served the chicken with fresh, sauteed broccoli and pasta with oil, butter, and garlic sauce

Phil, Mom, Uncle Vince, Cousin Joe and Ginny

Family is everything.  Savor every moment you have with your family.  Cherish them, and thank God for them everyday.

Cousin Ginny and I

Mangia!

HungryLittleGirl


Foodie Friends Friday

2 comments:

  1. God bless Uncle Vince- he looks fantastic for 90! It must be the wine with every meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!