Friday, June 7, 2013

Pasta With Sausage In a Tomato Cream Sauce

Pin It

The other night I was thinking about something different to make for dinner.  Does anyone every get into a rut?  Well, I was feeling that way.  I was in the mood for pasta but wanted something a little different than usual.  My sister Tonette mentioned that she has been making pasta with sausage so I thought I would give it a try.

Here are the ingredients:

1 pound pasta (I used Farfalle)
1 pound ground Italian sausage
1 pound sliced mushrooms
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon basil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons butter

I began by browning the sausage in a saute pan.  Set aside when brown.  Add the olive oil and butter to the saute pan.  Saute the garlic and shallots for 1-2 minutes making sure they don't burn.  Add the mushrooms.  When the mushrooms are brown, add the salt, pepper, basil and parsley.

Add the can tomatoes and sausage and let simmer for 5 minutes.
 Add the can of tomato sauce and simmer for another 5 minutes.  Add the heavy cream and simmer for another 5 minutes.   Combine sauce with al dente pasta and toss to coat.
Mangia!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie, this recipe looks really good and I make pasta a lot in my house and I like new recipes to try. It looks like a winner!
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy. Thanks for linking up to Marvelous Mondays at Call Me PMc ~Paula

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!