Sunday, July 20, 2014

My Pinterest Project!

Moving into the new house is exciting!  Soon enough, though, I had to decide what I was going to do with my blank walls.  Pinterest to the rescue!

In the kitchen I have this huge wall, with not a lot of walk through space between the wall and the cooking island.  My sister Karrie insists I tear the wall out, but I'm not that brave!  Instead I decided to get a little creative and go outside my comfort zone.

I found this great chalk board shelf at Hoods.  Then I went to Home Depot and bought a cheap rectangle trellis.  After spray painting the trellis a soft yellow, Joe hung both up.

 After that, Joe inserted hooks and shelves onto the trellis.  I have lightweight things in the baskets, like measuring cups and spoons.  The hooks allowed me to hang up kitchen utensils.  I added a picture and another shelving unit on the sides.
 
 What do you think?  I know have extra room in my drawers!  It's different, unique and I can add or adjust anything I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!