Monday, July 23, 2012

Salsa!

Pin It
One of my favorite things to eat with tacos is fresh salsa!  It is so easy to make. 

List of ingredients:

1 jalepeno
1/4 green pepper
1 small onion
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
1 large can tomatoes
Juice of 1 lime
Dash of salt

Put it in your food processor and wha-la (is that a word?)! 

Now, if you know anything about me, you know that I have been a canning fool.  I had some leftover salsa that I didn't want to go bad so I simply heated it to boiling point and put in a hot canning jar.  Put the jar lid in hot water (near boiling).  Wipe off the jar rim and put the lid on.  Process the salsa in a hot water bath (boiling water) for 20 minutes.  Remove and let cool.



As the jar cools, the lid should seal.  This means that when you press on the center of the lid it will not "give."  If you are able to move the lid up and down the lid didn't seal.  At this point you can reprocess or refrigerate.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Is there anything you can't do? I love salsa and grow tomatoes and jalapeños for that reason and that reason only!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen party!

    I am always excited to see what you bring! Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!