Sunday, January 6, 2013

Infused Oils

Pin It


When company over we hang in my kitchen.  Inevitably they always spy these jars sitting on my windowsill.  I frequently hear, "What's going on over here?"


OK, I must admit that these jars look like unclaimed Science experiments.  However, these jars allow me to make several great items: 

Lotion Bars:  http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/lotion-bars.html

Lip Balm:  http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/honey-citrus-lip-balm.html

Hand Lotion:  http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/hand-cream.html

I've become interested in learning all about what nature has to offer us.  Why do we need the chemicals in the items we buy?  Nature has a way to provide what we need.  Infused oils allow me to bring in the healing power of herbs into the concoctions I make.

An infused oil is simply olive oil or another type of oil, with an herb.  On my windowsill you see a mason jar full of lavender, chamomile, peppermint and comfrey.  I've had jars of calendula and other herbs as well. 

Simply fill a mason jar full of oil and add in the herb of your choice.  Place the mason jars in a windowsill that does not get direct sunlight.  Shake the jars a few times a week.  After 4-6 weeks, the oil is infused with the healing power of what you have in the jars.

I am finding that the great Lord has given us what we need to heal, for comfort, to relax.  Do some research and experiment a little. 

Get your geek on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!