Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Carrot Cake


Pin It          

Carrot cake is, by far, my favorite cake ever!  I absolutely love it!  It was my job to bring dessert for Easter so I made this recipe:

Wet ingredients go into your mixer:

4 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla

Sift together dry ingredients:

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon





Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.

 Other ingredients to add to the batter before baking:

1 cup raisins
1 cup nuts (optional)
Grate 2 cups carrots in your food processor and add to the cake batter.


Mother Knows Best:  Before adding the raisins to the cake batter, dredge them in flour.  This way the raisins will not sink to the bottom of the cake pan.  Of course, she reminded me of this while she ate my cake with the raisins that all sank to the bottom!



Put the batter in two cake pans and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes.  To see if the cake is done baking stick a toothpick in the cake.  If it comes out clean it is done!


Let the cakes cool completely before frosting them.  

Frosting:

2 sticks softened butter
2, 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Put the ingredients in your mixer.  Remember, adding powdered sugar to the mixer will make "dust" go everywhere!  Use your mixer shield!

Maria, our little sous chef!


Photo bomb!

Enjoy!




15 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely, I am your newest follower from Blog Hop. Love your Awesome blog! Followed you via GFC.
    Feel free to visit, follow and leave me comments @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you on the Blog Hop- so fun! I really love the idea of your blog. Something we should all do more of- passing the wisdom along. Now I'm off to make your carrot cake. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my website... and for this delicious recipe. On the to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from the The Weekend Social Mix Blog Hop! Love to have you stop by if you get a chance!

    ~KerrieLynn

    Visit Me @ TheMixGal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your newest follower from the hop:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. THanks for stopping by my blog! I love cake! Now following~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love carrot cake, this look great! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome and one of my favorite cakes! I'm definitely going to try the recipe, hopefully by next Sunday :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Stopping back from the ILMP blog hop - this recipe looks amazing <3 thank you so much for sharing.

    Sarah
    Life in a Break Down
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another one of my favorites, thanks for sharing.

    Donna from www.nannydonnascorner.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am beginning to think you are reading my mind! You are always cooking something I love! I am not a big fan of cake, but I will never turn down carrot cake!

    Looks like someone was wanting that slice of cake!

    Thank you for linking up to the In and Out of the Kitchen link party.

    Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love,love carrot cake!
    Found you from In and out of the Kitchen. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is such a wonderful cake!
    Carrot cake is one of my family's favorite cakes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it!

    I'm a new follower from the blog hop!
    Elizabeth
    www.craftemagee.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks amazing! My grandma used to make carrot cake that I absolutely loved and this reminds me of her :) I would love for you to link this up on Thursday @ Great Idea Thursday's http://ahandfulofeverything.blogspot.com :) Krista

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!