Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tried and True Recipes #9

What a crazy week!  We had several days of torrential rain and my basement flooded!  As I speak I can take a deep whiff of....................moldy, wet basement.  UGGHHH!

Needless to say, I haven't done a lot of cooking this week.  Instead I've been going through boxes, and throwing out things I should have gotten rid of a long time ago.

Anyway, I your week was better than mine.  Last week I put out a challenge for you.  If you brought a friend to the blog, you and your friend would be eligible for a gift card.  Thanks to all of you that participated!

The winners are......................Beth from The View From the Pew and Lucy from Coffee With Us 3.  Congratulations ladies!  I will be emailing you the details of your prize!

Now, onto the featured recipes.  Once again, I learned so much from you.  I loved reading about the Russian piroshki, making your own sausage, the chicken ravioli, and the rice from Sierra Leone!  You are all so talented - every.single.one.of.you!

Here are a few of my favorites:

Taco Pizza from One Organic Mama

Lumpia from Spatulas On Parade

Toffee Apple Tartlets from With A Blast

OK, ladies - it's time for a new week!

Don't forget to grab a button and spread the news of the blog hop!

Remember the rules:

1. Link up a family recipe or craft
2. Please follow my blog - I'll follow you back
3. Please link to this post in your blogs-there is a button on my sidebar to make it easy
4. No spam, contests or giveaways please
5. Please note that by linking up your posts and projects you are giving me permission to use your photos in the featured posts and possibly on my social media outlets. All photos will be linked back to your sites and your posts
6. Visit at least two of the links and comment on the page so the blogger knows you visited

At the end of the week, I will pick out a few of my favorites! Spread the word - there are so many great blogs out there. Let's learn from each other!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting Jackie! I am following you on bloglovin, and i will say i am lovin bloglovin. I visit it more than new sites now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your basement. I hope it was not too horrible. I have that fear every time it rains. We have a sump pump, but I am still afraid!

    Thanks for a great party!

    Cynthia at http://Feedinbig.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sump pump too but I guess it was working to hard and went kaput!

      Delete
  4. Nothing worse than a damp, smelly basement~ When we lived in our older home (80 years old) every time it rained, our basement flooded, one reason we sold it:) Bad foundation. Hope this next week goes better for you:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the party!
    Sorry to hear about your basement. I'd probably freak out..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the feature and the party!

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting another great party! Your blog is looking great :) I look forward to coming every week! I spend the weekend painting and cleaning so I'm right there with ya! Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! I'm sorry to hear about your basement. We have had horrible flooding in our area last week as well. Hope you are staying dry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for hosting. I am happy to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the invite! Newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for inviting me to link-up, all hooked up!

    Have a great weekend,

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤... Jennifer
    Jenn's Random Scraps

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!