Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bang Bang Shrimp

Pin It


This year I have vowed to be more adventurous with the foods I eat.  I find that when I think about meals to make, I make the same things over and over.  This year will be different. 

Bang bang shrimp..........I fell in love with it when I tried it on the Ruby Tuesday's appetizer menu.   I wanted to recreate this fantastic shrimp and added some rice to make it a complete meal.

Here are the ingredients:

1 pound small shrimp - peeled and deveined
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4-5 teaspoons sriracha
1-2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
Oil
Cilantro for garnish

Soak the shrimp in buttermilk for one hour.  Heat oil to 350 degrees.  Combine these ingredients:  flour, bread crumbs, salt and pepper, onion and garlic powder.  When the oil is ready, take the shrimp and drain the buttermilk.  Dredge the shrimp in the flour mixture.  Fry until golden brown.







While the shrimp are frying, combine the mayonnaise, sriracha, vinegar, and sugar. 

When the shrimp are golden brown, take them out of the oil and let them drain on a paper towel.   Combine the shrimp and the bang bang sauce.  Serve over rice.









Jonah likes the Bang Bang!

Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. I saw this on Marvelous Monday... I've had this but never made it - will need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! This is really good - it isn't too spicy but it has a little kick to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bang Bang knock me out! Looks great. Pinned for later.
    Thanks for sharing with us at "In and Out of the Kitchen"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!