Thursday, March 21, 2013

Liebster Award

Yeah!  I've been nominated for the elusive Liebster Award!  Here is the kicker - two people nominated me in the same week!



The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. A "High Five" your doing a "Great Job" award.  It's a great way to get to know the blogger and to recognize fellow bloggers. It's like a fun chain letter in the blog world that helps bloggers connect and support each other and to discover new blogs. The award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers and there are a few rules:

1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
3. Pass the award on to 11 other blogs, who have less than 200 followers, and link them in your post.
4. Ask the blogs you nominated 11 questions.
5. Go back to their blog and tell them you have nominated them.

The two bloggers that nominated me: Lynn from Turnips 2 Tangerines and Krista from A Handful of Everything.

Thank you so much for recognizing the blog.  I've been working really hard, but enjoying every single moment.  I love cooking and I love sharing the food that I cook.

Here are 11 random facts about myself:

1.  I am convinced I have a parasite in my brain (that is the reason I keep forgetting things)
2.  I want a hobby farm but want to have someone else do the work
3.  I want to have a food truck to make food and drive to poor neighborhoods to give the food away
4.  I never knew that fresh eggs have chicken poop on them
5.  I am a secret prepper
6.  My family thinks I'm crazy for being a secret prepper
7.  I hate zombies - they freak me out
8.  Vampires are cool though
9.  When people ask me to have a party (pampered chef, Tupperware, etc.) I can't say no
10.  I like to make people happy
11.  I really suck at photography

Here are the questions from Turnips 2 Tangerines:

 1. What herb/spice do you use most often in cooking? Baking? - GARLIC
2. What is your favorite cookie? - CHOCOLATE CHIP
3. What kind of car was the first car your ever purchased? - TEMPO
4. What is your favorite vegetable? What vegetable do you dislike? - TOMATO/SPINACH
5. What is your favorite fruit? What fruit do you dislike? - BANANA/KIWI
6. How old were you when you first learned how to ride a bicycle? - HAVE NO IDEA
7. Can you roller skate? Ice skate? - YES, BUT IT'S NOT PRETTY
8. What are you the most afraid of? - ZOMBIES
9. Can you drive a stick shift? YES
10. What is the one thing you would change about yourself? MY  ENERGY LEVEL
11. How many States have you been to/driven through? DO  I REALLY HAVE TO COUNT THEM?

Here are the questions from Krista at A Handful of Everything:

  1. What is your favorite color? - PURPLE
  2. What do you want to be when you grow up? - RETIRED
  3. If you were to recommend a book to a friend what book would it be? - THE HELP
  4. What is your favorite holiday? - CHRISTMAS
  5. Who is your hero? - MY MOM AND DAD
  6. What are you most proud of? - MY SON
  7. I have the hardest time completing…. (fill in the blank) CHORES
  8. If you could go anywhere in the world and money was not an issue where would you go? - ITALY
  9. What is your favorite pizza topping? - PEPPERONI
  10. What is your fondest memory? - ANYTHING WITH MY SON
  11. What is your favorite movie? - FORREST GUMP

Here are the questions I ask of my nominees:

1. What do consider your biggest accomplishment in life?
2.  What is your favorite thing to cook?
3.  What is your biggest vice?
4.  Who is your favorite movie character?
5.  What is your biggest pet peeve?
6.  If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
7. What is your biggest regret in life?
8.  What is the first word that pops in your head after reading this question?
9.  If you were in a beauty pageant, what would your talent be?
9.  Would you rather run down the street naked or eat a worm?
10.  Zombies or vampires?
11.  Do you have a secret tattoo?

The blogs I nominate for a Liebster Award are:

Coffee With Us3
Kathe With An E
Courting Contentment
At the Corner of Happy and Harried
I Got This Martha
Soup Spice Everything Nice
Cheese Curd In Paradise
Cooking For the Seven Dwarfs
Kreative Creationz
A Kitchen Hoor
Chica Chocolatina

 Thanks again Krista and Lynn!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I love Your Answers:) A few made me really laugh~ I have no idea when I learned how to ride a bike, it's not pretty when I skate, and I don't like kiwi either:) Lynn~ Congrats~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep you forgot to mention it to us. :) Thank you for thinking of us and nominating us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate all feedback!